The Big Woods 200 is a two-day American Motorcyclist Association National Event. American Motorcycle Association membership is required. Off-Highway Motorcycle (OHM) Program two-year sticker is required. Cost=$30.
- The Big Woods 200 is a two-day American Motorcyclist Association National Event. American Motorcycle Association membership is required.
- Off-Highway Motorcycle (OHM) Program two-year sticker is required. Cost=$30.
Off-highway motorcycle riding in Wisconsin Register your motorcycle at go WILD
Permitted: A registration with one rider
Permitted: A registration with one rider and one or more Guest Meal Packages
Not Permitted: A registration with two riders
Not Permitted: A registration with only a Guest Meal Package
- No Refunds. But you can buy/sell/trade your entry here.
This event is a fund raiser for various local charities in Forest County and surrounding counties. All raffle and auction proceeds are donated to those great causes. This is truly exciting and rewarding for the Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders to support our local community.
Dual Sport 101 Route
This route that is suitable for those who desire to develop skills without the pressure to keep-up with the pack. Before the ride starts we will discuss, gps, trail etiquette, tire pressure, etc. Group leaders will join the ride and provide assistance. It will be a trail ride with frequent stops at new obstacles where we will discuss how to ride them. Obstacles such as deep sand, mud, ruts, tree roots, rocks, etc. The ride will be shorter due to the slower pace. Lunch stop will be at a spot different from the other routes. Men and women and all ages are invited. Sunday’s route will be the standard Dual Sport route when you can opt-in or opt-out of the more challenging single-track sections.
Dual Sport Route
Dual Sport is a type of motorcycle riding which is a mix of off road trails connected with the use of roads. Trails are used with permission and/or permits through the USFS, County forests, and private landowners. Trails range from 2 track, gravel, minimal pavement (as little as we can), and single track sections that are optional- Saturday’s route is usually about 130 miles and Sunday’s route is usually about 80 miles (though miles and routes change often yearly). The motorcycles are street legal motorcycles that are fully off road capable.
This is for 1090R, GS1200, GS800, V-Strom, Super Tenere, Tiger, KLR650 and similar larger bikes. The route involves plenty of 4wd roads miles to develop new skills plus sandy roads, gravel roads and very little asphalt. This ride will contain more challenging hero type off-road sections based upon rider input from previous events. Saturday’s route is usually ~175 miles and Sunday’s route is usually ~100 miles. Suitable off-road tires are required!
This event is held in Wabeno, WI. Includes:
• Saturday lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast
• Paper Roll Chart and/or .gpx tracks
• Event T-shirt
• Free on premise camping with NEW showers. No reservations. Limited hook-ups but we make space for all.
• For non-rider guests a three-meal package can be purchases for $35. (A $0 cost version of the package is for sponsor use only.)
1. Safari Motel: (715) 473-3521. Walking distance from fairgrounds.
2. Crystal Bell Bed & Breakfast: (715) 473-2202.
3. Indian Springs Hotel & Casino: (715) 777-1640. Located four miles from fairgrounds.
**You MUST have a current AMA membership to ride WDSR events!
september 28 (Saturday) - 29 (Sunday)