Airplanes, Side by Sides, Hiking, 4×4’s, Canoes, Kayaks and Rafts!
Byrd’s Adventure Center, located in the Ozark National Forest, has it all for the adventurous soul! Catering primarily to those with a love for off roading, there is a trail for every person. From rock crawling to meandering family gravel roads through the mountains. Every road has it’s beauty and some are surprisingly diverse in what you see! I’d have to say that my favorite was a trail that starts on. The property is very well cared for and is very nice. It’s right on the Mulberry river, so if it’s a hot day, just jump into the river (without floating away!)
From Byrd’s Adventure Center you have direct access to a variety of on and off-property trails through the forest.
Services and available amenities:
– There are 2 air strips for bush pilots
– Plenty of camping space (even for large groups)
– Cabins available for rental
– Restaurant on property (and the food is GOOD too!)
– Wifi (at restaurant only)
– Kayaks, canoes and rafts (they’ll take you up river and you float back to Byrd’s)
– General store
One thing to be aware of, virtually no cell signal! You should expect (at the time of this writing) no signal from anything other than AT&T, if you’re lucky, and the only place you can acquire that signal is down by the restaurant or by the river.